Monday, January 14, 2013

ARC Spotlight – THE NIGHTMARE AFFAIR by Mindee Arnett


 
The Nightmare Affair

 

Sixteen-year-old Dusty Everhart breaks into houses late at night, but not because she’s a criminal. No, she’s a Nightmare.

Literally.

Being the only Nightmare at Arkwell Academy, a boarding school for magickind, and living in the shadow of her mother’s infamy, is hard enough. But when Dusty sneaks into Eli Booker’s house, things get a whole lot more complicated. He’s hot, which means sitting on his chest and invading his dreams couldn’t get much more embarrassing. But it does. Eli is dreaming of a murder.

Then Eli’s dream comes true.

Now Dusty has to follow the clues—both within Eli’s dreams and out of them—to stop the killer before more people turn up dead. And before the killer learns what she’s up to and marks her as the next target.

Recommended for fans of: YA Paranormal with a dash of Romance

THE NIGHTMARE AFFAIR is a very unique take on a “paranormal school” theme. I really loved the world-building in this book. Everything feels very real…from Arkwell Academy to the dreams that Dusty and Eli share. Information unfolds naturally, putting you right in the various scenes. Sometimes stories with various kinds of magical beings bog you down with too much info, or frustrate you with too little, but this book walked the line perfectly. I also liked the way the mystery unfolds, it keeps you guessing…and turning the pages.

THE NIGHTMARE AFFAIR is now available for pre-order and releases March 5th.

 

4 comments:

  1. It's no "In the After" which in my opinion, is super rockin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a completely different take!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete