Monday, May 23, 2011

I’m Back…With a Shiny New Editor

I’m still working on my edits, but I have some Harper Collins news…Maria Gomez is leaving. I know; it made me sad too. Maria is so awesome and really got behind my book (pretty sure she was the driving force behind my pre-empt offer). She’s leaving to pioneer Amazon’s new publishing venture. They’re branching out from a strictly self-publishing service to become a more traditional publisher.

Maria’s left me in good hands. My new editor is Karen Chaplin, who was already on my editorial team.

So, what does this mean for my book? Well, pretty much everything is the same. Same deadlines, same team, same enthusiasm, just a different first point of contact. The news freaked me out a bit, but now that I’ve had time to process, I’m good. It’s better to have a new editor at the beginning of the series than halfway through, that’s for sure!

Back Wednesday!

7 comments:

  1. The turnover of editors is rather high, but I'm sure you're still in great hands! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what my agent told me; editors are always playing musical chairs, moving from publisher to publisher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! Think of it as an opportunity--one more person to champion the book and add some wisdom :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thing is that you're in good hands and you're happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure your book rocks so much that even with a half-dead editor it's gonna win you a Hugo or something big like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bummer about your editor, but I'm so glad things will continue to move forward!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I'm really glad I found this blog. I just signed and while there's a ton of information on how to get an agent, there's not a lot about the steps and the stress afterward. This is great and I'm glad you're in good hands and are happy!

    ReplyDelete