Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Post-apocalyptic Make-over

 
I’ve changed the look of my blog quite a bit. I liked my old look but it didn’t really scream: Post-apocalyptic debut author. I’ve taken away the nice, soothing light blue and added some cracked concrete. I wanted to represent my genre a bit better with a harsher, starker look.  What do people think?

What does your blog theme say about you? Does it represent yourself or your writing in any way?

Also, check out Melanie Crowder’s cover reveal of Parched.

Back Friday!

14 comments:

  1. I like the new look. My blog, Writers Do Laundry Too, has a laundromat background. But a friend told me the washing machines looked like radios to her. Oh well. ~_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! You can definetely tell that they're washing machines...They're all soapy :)

      Delete
  2. nift-o!
    i created my blog background as well, and i the curls incorporated into the shades of red are actually a scanned image of my hair... weird, i confess, but i think it looks cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really cool, I wouldn't have guessed that was your hair!

      Delete
  3. It is harsh, and gritty too, but still sleek and cool with those charcoals. I like the repetition of the image too - it gives a compound eye feel and hints at something more alien and subjective.

    Mine's more a tongue-in-cheek nod to genre, following up the not-so ambitious tagline 'Vast tracts of nothingness in a nebulous region of hobby space...'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your look...it definitely fits your theme :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks - you've very nearly drawn a blush...

      Delete
  4. The cracked concrete works very well. I try to show that my blog has something to do with books. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works really well, espeacially your blog title image. Love it!

      Delete
  5. It looks good to me, quite solid and unyielding.

    I use a colour that I like, and a photo of nature, particularly a place that I really love to be in, for mine.

    ReplyDelete