Monday, September 23, 2013

Books I Love - THE RAVEN BOYS & THE DREAM THEIVES by Maggie Steifvater

 

Last week I did a post about books I was happy I held off on reading...because I loved them so much I was glad I could go right in to the second book. Well, here's another fantastic combo:


17675462 17347389
 
 
"There are only two reasons a non-seer would see a spirit on St. Mark's Eve," Neeve said. "Either you're his true love . . . or you killed him."

It is freezing in the churchyard, even before the dead arrive.

 Every year, Blue Sargent stands next to her clairvoyant mother as the soon-to-be dead walk past. Blue herself never sees them-not until this year, when a boy emerges from the dark and speaks directly to her.
His name is Gansey, and Blue soon discovers that he is a rich student at Aglionby, the local private school. Blue has a policy of staying away from Aglionby boys. Known as Raven Boys, they can only mean trouble.
But Blue is drawn to Gansey, in a way she can't entirely explain. He has it all-family money, good looks, devoted friends-but he's looking for much more than that. He is on a quest that has encompassed three other Raven Boys.
 
So...these books are so much more amazing than the summary gives it credit for. While Blue is the MC, the four Raven boys are just as important. Each character is unique and realistic...and don't even get me started on the plot. I couldn't put either of these books down!
 
Maggie Steifvater is a NYT bestselling author, so it's not like she needs a plug from little old me, but I'll definitely be checking out her other books. I've hear the SCORPIO RACES was fantastic as well.
 
Back Wednesday!



3 comments:

  1. Both are amazing books and I'm now so impatient for book three to come out... NEXT YEAR! Gah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this series yet, but Maggie's faerie novels are amazing, especially Ballad. I didn't care for Shiver at all, though...but I know I'm in the minority about that! Glad to see you enjoyed these two books so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recommendations, Demitria!

    ReplyDelete