Wednesday, February 6, 2013

ARC Spotlight – THE FLAME IN THE MIST by Kit Grindstaff


The Flame In The Mist
 

 

Fiery-headed Jemma Agromond is not who she thinks she is, and when the secrets and lies behind her life at mist-shrouded Agromond Castle begin to unravel, she finds herself in a chilling race for her life. Ghosts and misfits, a stone and crystals, a mysterious book, an ancient prophecy—all these reveal the truth about Jemma's past and a destiny far greater and more dangerous than she could have imagined in her wildest fantasies. With her telepathic golden rats, Noodle and Pie, and her trusted friend, Digby, Jemma navigates increasingly dark forces, as helpers both seen and unseen, gather. But in the end, it is her own powers that she must bring to light, for only she has the key to defeating the evil ones and fulfilling the prophecy that will bring back the sun and restore peace in Anglavia.

Recommended for fans of: MG Fantasy

I loved this book, it’s exactly the book I wish I had when I was ten and obsessed with anything fantasy (who am I kidding, I still am!) I loved the darkness, both in imagery and theme. What’s creepier than a land shrouded in perpetual mist? I also like how Grindstaff presents Jemma’s world, then throughout the book digs deeper, peeling of layers one at a time. No information is too overwhelming (though some is just the right amount of disturbing), and unfolds perfectly throughout the story. There are some pretty dark secrets buried in this book, and Jemma handles them with amazing will and determination. This is a book any MG reader can fall in to…and any adult with a love for fantasy won't want to miss. J

THE FLAME IN THE MIST is available for pre-order and will be released April 9th.

 

3 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to this!
    I've met Kit -- in person, even -- and I can't wait to read her book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you're going to love it! from the first page it draws you in and you just don't want to stop. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete