Wednesday, March 13, 2013

ARC Spotlight - BRIANNA ON THE BRINK by Nicole McIinnes


 
Brianna on the Brink

 

A one-night stand has life-altering consequences for popular, sixteen-year-old Brianna, who must then accept help from the one person closest to her mistake.

Recommended for fans of: YA Contemporary

At times Brianna is not the most likeable of girls. If you’ve read my recent blog post on anti-heroes through, you’ll know that this makes me even more intrigued by her character. She’s shallow and mean, kind of a bully, and way too worried about her looks and what others think of her. This is what makes the story though, because she’s a regular, insecure teenage girl with a crappy home life. Brianna definitely grows throughout this story, as she is forced from her home, ostracized by her friends, and made to grow up way too quickly. I loved her default role-model, Jane someone who is selfless without being annoyingly preachy and self-righteous about it. I think what I liked best about this book is that Brianna learns that her actions have consequences, good and bad, something that we all have to face sooner or later.

BRIANNA ON THE BRINK will be released this Friday. Pick up a copy!
 

5 comments:

  1. When it comes to YA, I tend to read more fantasy than contemporary, but this book definitely seems like one I'd enjoy checking out. I adore flawed protagonists like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Demitria, thank you so much for this lovely write-up. Wait. Tomorrow?? Yipes! :-)

    ReplyDelete